If you are thinking about inviting a cat into your life, you've come to the right place! Adopting a rescued cat will save a life and deepen your experience with the animal world.
PAW is based in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, and has been arranging the adoption of homeless cats since 2000. It is a non-profit society in the Province of Alberta and a Registered Canadian Charity.
Great reasons to adopt an adult cat from PAW:
- the cats have already been spayed or neutered and vaccinated
- you will have a good idea what you are getting – activity level, sociability and health
- adult cats bond just as deeply and usually faster than their younger counter parts and do not require as much supervision
- they often have lived with other pets and/or children
- all rescued cats have been kept safely indoors since being taken in by PAW
- adult cats have a more difficult time finding new homes so when you choose an adult cat, you are truly saving a life
- when a cat gets adopted, another one can be rescued - help keep the circle of life going!
"Associating with a cat is not a pleasure,
it’s an honor."
Printed with Permission from Brooke McEldowney
Hallmarks of Felinity No. 130
9 Chickweed Lane